Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Truss Day!

Today was one of the most exciting days yet. They got the shop framed yesterday afternoon when I was down in Alpine, and today the trusses came.  Nothing like a pointy roof line to make a bunch of lumber start to really look like a building.

All the shop trusses and half of the house trusses went up today, under a spectacular Campo sky.

The walls of the shop are 10' high, to give me plenty of elbow room and allow me to add carports on each side some day.  It's so exciting to stand in my dream shop and the house and see it all come to life.













And, because it's cast iron and darn heavy, the bathtub came today too, so it can be installed before there are interior walls and doors to get in the way.


I wasn't kidding about the spectacular sky:


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gawd - you had me worried when you mentioned a Truss Day and a heavy bath tub! (that's probably lost on you if your strange colonial definition of a hernia support isn't a truss)

    Looking good though kid! J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! That literally made me laugh out loud. Yeah, my grandpa had a truss when I was little, but so far none for me. I'm paying strong young guys to do the heavy lifting for me.

    ReplyDelete