Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Well, I guess it's official

A five-acre place ought to have a name, and I've been thinking the name of my place should be Sábado, which means Saturday in Spanish.  (I'm only five miles from the Mexican border.)

Saturday is the happiest day of the week, and I consider retirement to be the Saturday of life.  You work all week, but when Saturday rolls around, you get to do whatever you like!


Today the name became literally etched in stone.  They finished pouring the porches and trailer slabs, and I got there in time to do a little graffiti with a sharp nail.

I scratched the name in the front edge of my porch, right where you enter.

Also autographed the corner.  That's almost a requirement for new concrete.







 So I now have two nice pads adjoining the shop: one for the trailer, and one for my little electric boat.  Eventually I hope to build carport roofs over the pads.



Framing starts Friday.  Stay tuned!



2 comments:

  1. Gran nombre Casa mi amigo! Arado Oxidado. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. For those of you who don't know my old pal John, or Rustyplough as he is known in Merry Olde England, or "Arado Oxidado" as he is known here in Mexico del Norte, John is a half-crazed Englishman who rode a motorcycle almost to the North Pole, just for the hell of it.
    He's also one of my favorite people.
    Check out his blog: http://rustyplough.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete