Friday, December 4, 2015


The biggest news today is that the solar equipment arrived - half a dozen pallets and they're taking up a big chunk of the shop.  It was nearly dark by the time we finished unloading, so no photos. Mañana.

Here are a few more little updates though...

Door Progress

Carved out the little pattern of squares for the shop doors



Shop Heater

Got a new shop heater.  It will be mounted on the wall and hooked into the main propane system eventually, but for now, it's attached to the only surviving 4x4 post from Sherryl and Jerry's gazebo, and it's on wheels.  Of course the weather turned warm the minute I got it sett up, but that won't last.

Seems like it's going to work fine, although I have to climb up on a ladder every day to light the pilot. Once that's done, a little thermostat regulates it until time to shut it down for the night.  The pilot flame is pretty large - about two inches long, so I don't think I'll be leaving it on all night.  The amount of wasted gas would be negligible, but it would bother me.



Oh, by the way, the windows also arrived.  That's them leaning against the wall, protected by a sheet of flakeboard.  Thirteen of 'em, including the shop windows.  Sure will be nice to get all this stuff out of my shop!


Guest RV Hookups

The pipes sticking up out of the ground are water, electricity, and sewer for a guest RV parking spot.  So when you come to visit me, you can bring your RV!











There's my little rolling home as seen from the guest bedroom window - another place you can stay (The guest bedroom, that is.  You can also stay in the trailer if you like...!)  Once all the underground plumbing is finished and inspected, I'll probably move my trailer over to the guest spot, because I don't really have hookups where I am now, unless you count 200' of extension cord and no less than 300' of old garden hose extending all the way from the well.

The well pump is so powerful that it keeps blowing the garden hose.  There is a switch at the generator to turn on the pump, so I have to put the hose end in my water tank, then walk out to the generator and turn on the pump.  I can't see the trailer from the generator because the house is in the way, so I have to move out to a point where I can see when to turn off the water.  I'm so far away that I take binoculars with me to watch the trailer. When the tank starts to overflow onto the ground, I run back to shut off the switch.  Sometimes the hose, which is on the other side of the house, blows and I don't even know it until get tired of waiting and go investigate, and by then I have a big puddle.

The whole operation is pretty hilarious, really.


Roof Trim

About the only visible change on the house is that they're starting to install the fascia - the trim boards around the edge of the roof, and it makes it look a bit more finished.  Still more work to do on those.







No comments:

Post a Comment