Saturday, January 30, 2016

Power to the People

Well, some power... to some of the people...

So I says to myself I says, "GDubs, you have this power center thing sitting around and all these big batteries sitting around, all waiting on solar panels and not really doing anything else besides taking up space, so why not put them to work?"


I hoisted the big heavy thing up onto the shop wall (that was a little scary), and hooked the batteries back up to it, and then got some wire and outlets and hooked them up to the output side.

Now I have an actual light, with wall switch, and four outlets that provide electricity even when the generator is not running.  I'll be able to "work" in the shop after dark!

Also, the trailer is plugged into one of the outlets with a long extension cord, so now I have round-the-clock power here in Kini.  I have the little electric heater going right now.  What luxury!  I don't have to wait for the contractors to arrive and crank up the generator to get a little heat. Also, the laptop won't be nagging me to plug it in when I spend too much time on it.

Every two or three days, I'll fire up the generator to recharge the batteries, or they'll get charged when the contractors are using the generator.


I'll never take one of these for granted again.


Let there be light!



No comments:

Post a Comment