Thursday, January 28, 2016

Views

My good buddy in England commented that he enjoys seeing the views of the land around the house.  Since it's the prettiest time of the year, when the grass is green after the rains but not yet knee-high and weedy or dried out and brown, I took some shots of my views.

I think I've mentioned that I have only one neighbor, and his house is barely visible from mine.

And I like it that way!

First we'll look out the windows on all four sides of the house, then we'll walk Molly down to the road and look at the ranch across the way, then back up to the north end, past the trailer and into the little creek bed that only runs when it's pouring rain.

West out of the dining room.  What I will look at over coffee

South out of the kitchen.  The generator and woodpile won't always be there.

East on the front porch. That's the "upside down sunset" hill.

North out of the guest bedroom.

"The Meadow" looking away from the house


"The Corn Field" on the other side of the drive, looking toward the house


The fence line.  My only neighbor


The ranch across the road.  That's my mailbox.


Looking back up "The Meadow" toward the house


The driveway, the entrance to Sábado


The creek bed


Home Sweet Home (for a while longer)

1 comment:

  1. It looks a wonderful place Gary. Thanks for showing me the photos. A lot of the views could be Little old England - except for the temperatures and Rattlesnakes of course! J

    ReplyDelete