Thursday, June 28, 2018

Latest Project

Note: If you are seeing this in email, click on the blue title to go to the blog, and REMEMBER, this email is generated by Blogger and replies do not come to me. If you want to contact me, write to me directly at campobungalow@hughes.net
Thanks,
The Management
Just finished another bookcase for the living room. I've been trying to come up with something that I could easily access from my chair. Not that I'm lazy (OK I am) but I didn't want to have to get up from the chair and reach around in front of a normal bookcase.

This ought to do the job.




In looking around for inspiration, I came across this, which gave me the idea of "side shelves."  That would solve the problem of easy access from the chair for the current book, current beverage, and glasses.  Also a magazine rack at the bottom big enough for crossword puzzles.  Still need to install a little rod to keep the mags from falling out.


As usual, this one started out with an Adobe Illustrator drawing:


Carved "Roycroft Roses" designed in the early 1900s by a guy named Dard Hunter. You often see this rose and variations of it in Arts & Crafts graphics.



The side cabinets are easily removable to make it easier to haul off to the Goodwill when I'm dead...:)
Found these lovely handmade dragonfly tiles from a small shop in Ohio




Stay Tuned!





No comments:

Post a Comment