Saturday, December 12, 2015

Some days are beautiful, some not so much...

Last night Molly and I got in our bed early and listened to the rattle of a cold rain on the roof of our little tin shack, so grateful for this cozy box, with its own heater and hot shower, and thinking about those who don't have a warm place to go when it gets nasty outside. And I'm especially grateful for the bigger boxes taking shape outside my window in the skillful hands of Mr. Manuel Valenzuela, a true craftsman.




It was 36 degrees in the trailer this morning, but outside it was a bright, crisp, gorgeous morning. Even my pet  War of the Worlds Martian in the background seemed to sparkle.

Molly loves to be outside, no matter what the weather, but she has a raincoat!



Since the shop has no doors or windows yet, I keep the holes boarded up, and just take the boards down when I want to work inside. Unfortunately, when it's cold and rainy, I have to choose between being warm and seeing what I'm doing, since there are no lights inside yet. I really wanted to get some work done yesterday, so I cut holes in my home-made doors and windows and attached translucent plastic over them, and voila! windows that keep out the wind!



At the end of the day, Her Doggieship and I usually walk down to the mailbox, a little exercise for me and a little recreational urination for her, and then we sit on the new front porch and watch our cool upside-down sunset, as the shadows climb up the hill to the East of us, making the sun appear to be rising up the hill, until it disappears off the rock at the very top.






... And there it goes...
Got the first door glued up today, so I'll post a shot of that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment