Saturday, January 9, 2016

Rainy Day Road Trip

Apparently El Nino is here, and trying to wash us all away.  Since it rained all week and not much was getting done on the house, I took off to LA to see the Petersen Automobile museum, and also stopped in at an old stomping ground...

The museum is covered in a wacky metal sculpture
(Internet photo)



Here are a few of the amazing automobiles I saw


The Round Door Rolls



The Bugatti Veyron - fastest production car ever built.
1500 horsepower, 250 MPH


A wedding present from France to the Shah of Iran



500 horsepower V-10



I also paid a visit to the church of which my dad was Business Manager back in the 70s, where I used to run around as a kid.  Immanuel Presbyterian Church in Los Angeles.

Looked pretty good, considering it was built in 1929.





In the late 70s, after I returned from the service and college, I did a few woodworking projects for the church, including this box.  One of two or three of my projects that are still there.


They did make a little progress while I was gone: they finished the back porch roof and got the nailing inspection, which should mean we can start getting the roofing on next week.




No comments:

Post a Comment