Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Air Conditioner.. Just in Time for Winter!


When I decided to air condition this off-the-grid house, I felt I needed to take it easy on my electrical system and installed a "mini-split' unit in the living room instead of central air.


It does a pretty good job on most of the house, but sometimes doesn't quite make it all the way to the bedroom at the other end of the house.

So I bought a little window unit on Craigslist for 40 bucks and stuck it in the bedroom window.


Unfortunately, I had to block off the only window in the room, so this was not a good solution.

Time to bite the bullet and chop a hole in my lovely wall...



A little framing...



A little plaster work...

 
Bedside remote

And we're in business!


Wired it up outside...

 

Until it's needed, the AC will hide behind a picture of a big oak tree.  I made the frame from some ancient fence boards.



While I was in a framing mood, I added a bonus picture to the living room.


Thanks to Merrily for the pictures!


1 comment:

  1. Just added the "pictures of pictures" at the end of this update.

    ReplyDelete