Saturday, April 11, 2020

Planting Day


It finally stopped raining, and as the farmers say, I could finally get in the field. It's been raining all week but this ground is so well-drained that what was a swamp yesterday was dry today.  At least on the surface.  Digging was easy and it's a good thing, because I planted 31 plants today!


They don't look like much now, but most of these native plants are supposed to grow to 6 - 8 feet.

This was yesterday, when my future patio became a swimming pool

Rocks to the left of me...
Rocks to the right.










I had spread fescue grass seed  on the front part of the yard before the rain.  Hopefully it didn't all get washed out into the driveway. After I got the plants in and the new stepping stones laid, I seeded right up to the house. 




Obviously I still have erosion, but hopefully once the grass and plants get established, the situation will improve.



Couple more to plant tomorrow, and then we water and wait!


5 comments:

  1. Looking good! Can't wait to get out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am impressed and how good the rocks look with the plants. Nice job Gary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helps to start with good-looking rocks!

      Delete
    2. Accidentally left out one set of rocks. They're back now. See if you can spot them, Eric.

      Delete