Friday, January 26, 2024

More Woodworking (and Revealing the Secrets!)

  I decided I needed a couple little cabinets...


...in the bathroom, so I whipped up this pair.



They're only eight inches deep but they will free up some space in a storage closet that I need for other things. In a small house you have to get creative with storage


So How do You Get a Nice Balanced Photo in Such a Small Room?

It ain't easy.

First you take about a million shots...





I don't have fancy professional lighting, so a couple cheap lamps have to suffice...


Why is There no Camera Reflected in the Mirror?




First I took a picture of the mirror from an angle. Then using Photoshop's wonderful "Distort" tool, I dragged the corners until it was square. That's also how I get rid of parallax in the main photo.



Then I cropped that new mirror and simply pasted it over the old one.

Pretty tricky, huh?


Speaking of the need to get Creative...

All I have is a crummy phone camera, and it only measures exposure from dead center. Unfortunately, dead center of this shot is a mirror, so it darkens the cabinets.




So since I was going to replace the mirror anyway, I gave the camera something dark to look at.


Like a real photographer would tell you...

Anything for the shot!




5 comments:

  1. Epic! Anything for the shot...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just don't start taking pics of yourself in the shower please...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me guess: there's a concealed door just the right size for a paper roll that you can reach without getting up from the warmth of the seat! Looks awesome GW and those key grip skills are mighty fine, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing Gary........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang a project within a project! Very awesome!! Can't wait to check the cabinets out in person.

    ReplyDelete