Sunday, November 8, 2020

Getting to be that time of year

 I save my dryer lint. To a mental health professional, that could be cause for concern. Unless the good doctor heats her house with wood. Then it makes just as much sense as saving your egg cartons...


About this time each year, I get out the lint, the egg cartons, and a couple blocks of paraffin wax, and make my handy fire starters for the woodstove. 












A pinch of lint in each egg cup...



A pot of melted wax...


A cup of coffee and maybe a bit of homemade bread...


A little rainy-day Norah Jones on the Alexa...



Ready for winter.




In other news, my 'new' 1954 tractor Myrtle was kind of a hillbilly when I got her, because she only had two teeth. Rancher Rick up the road gave me two more out of his goodie pile.  Had to modify them a bit, but now the Old Girl looks a little more respectable.





Another annual chore has been replacing the windsock on top of the water tank.  They last about a year before rotting and falling apart.  Got tired of doing that this year, so bought me another nifty weathervane.

Dragonfly design


Couple more shop cabinets...




And it's time to relax by the fire.














2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Kev! You guys should come out and see me sometime, on your way to your country estate!

      Delete