Sunday, November 22, 2020

Two Birds With One Arrow

 Archery has been an off-and-on hobby of mine since I was a kid; back when the bow and arrow were state-of-the-art weapons...


Over the years I've used straw bales for targets, but they eventually rot and fall apart, so I started looking around for a better solution.  I found several posts by people who have used this type of thing, so I built myself one.  It has plastic tarp pieces for the front and back, and it's mostly stuffed with used shrinkwrap that my pals at the farm supply save for me.  



The other cool thing about this setup, on top of the fact that it's pretty impervious to weather, rot, and mice, is that I now have a place to put all those plastic bags that the grocery store sells me and won't recycle.  I can just open the lid and stuff them in.  Eventually it will get too full, but I'm hoping that as the plastic gets shredded by arrows, it will compact even more. 


Hinges on the back, bungees on the front


The plastic stops arrows really well, but they are not at all hard to pull out.



The nice thing about being your own photographer is that you can remove all 'extraneous elements' from the subject before you take the picture...😁











1 comment: